Last week, I started my taper. No biggie: I ran only 5 hours, 45 mns, compared to my highest weeks of 10 1/2 hours. Today marks the start of a 4 hour run week. This is exactly 1/2 of the minimum amount of training I've been doing.
Which means the crazies start abooooout....nnnnnnnnow.
Which is why I'm compiling this list of activities to do with all of that extra energy for the next 10 days until the 100:
1. Finish my novel's outline: I started writing the concept a year ago and am 2/3 through the outlining phase. I figure with the extra (counting on fingers) SIX HOURS I'll have away from running this week, I should be able to at least get the skeleton completed. Shit, I should be able to outline The Bible™ in that time.
2. Clean my apartment thoroughly: Seriously, there are enough potato chip crumbs beneath my sofa to construct a raft. A *delicious* raft made of cheddary goodness...
3. Go running: Oh. Wait...
4. Take photos: I don't know if you know, but I have a flickr account that I upkeep. I've been a member for YEARS and have posted a grand total of (drumroll, please) 84 pics. This makes me "LAME", methinks.
5. Stop using the word "methinks".
6. Purchase a game console and play Halo® for 78 straight hours. This is a constructive use of spare time, no?
7. Become a drug mule: I've always wanted to visit Central America.
8. Come up with 2 more creative and ultra-hilarious ideas for the "10 things to do while I taper" list.